Thursday, April 21, 2011

homesick or friendsick?


              Today I am feeling very homesick. I know it's dumb to be homesick when I have less than 2 weeks until I go home for summer but I can't help it. Last weekend I was in New York and the weekend before that I went to Radford to visit Jenny (which, btw, was the best). Either way, I haven't been at JMU and to be honest, it was nice to get away. I'm going home this weekend for Easter. I don't think I have been this excited to go home in a while. School is great and everything, don't get me wrong, but this weekend I get to see all my best friends. I have missed them all so much. I feel like this is why I am so homesick today. I feel like I haven't seen my BEST friends in foreverrrr. They are such a huge part of my life and I feel lost without them. Everyone says that you meet your lifetime best friends in college, but I met mine in high school.
              Halfway through this post I changed my mind..I'm not homesick, I'm friendsick. I miss my friends more than anything (no offense family..). I seriously cannot wait to be reunited with Caroline, Jenny, Jojo, Sally, and Bekah! Thank the Lord I saw Jenny two weeks ago or I would be completely friend deprived. This entire school year up until now, Caroline and I haven't been more than 3 or 4 weeks without seeing each other. But it's been about 5 weeks since I have seen her...I haven't seen Jojo or Bekah since we went to Charlotte for Jojo's birthday in february and I haven't seen Sally since winter break. So needless to say, I am very friendsick. When I was super sick last week, Jojo diagnosed me with 'best friend deficiency.' If you are unfamiliar with this disease, the only cure is a little does of Jojo, Jenny, Caroline, Bekah, and Sally :)
               Random side note. I was texting Jenny this morning during class and we were talking about how excited we are to come home. She just texted me saying I should blog more...I was in the middle of this post. best friend ESP at its finest :)

love yall!


I feel like this picture represents our friendship perfectly
This was taken at our farewell dinner, real housewives style, a few nights before 5 of us left for college :(

Another typical best friend picture
This was from our reunion/christmas sweater dance party over winter break

No comments:

Post a Comment