Monday, September 12, 2011

the smallest things

     So I have successfully (well..kind of) survived my first two weeks of sophomore year. I have only had one mental breakdown! so I think I'm doing pretty well! 
     This post is going to be relatively short because I have lots of work to get done and I just dont have a lot to say! shocker...I know... 
     I live in an apartment with three other girls and so far its going alright..there have been a few instances with certain roommates but so far so good. One of the girls isnt a Christian and she gave me the biggest compliment ever tonight. While I was washing dishes after dinner, she was asking me a bunch of questions about InterVarsity. The conversation started because she asked if I was going with one of my other roommates to small group....I didnt go. I know it sounds bad that this is how the conversation started but I just have so much work and reading to do! and I'm not even being dramatic!
     Anyway, she was asking me what we do at small group and how many girls are in my small group and just simple questions like that. Then she proceeded to ask me who some leaders were and how you got to be one. I explained the whole application process to her and then she said, "I really think you should apply! You would be such a good small group leader!" Holy smokes. That little compliment completely turned my day around!
     I feel like this meant so much to me because she isnt a Christian and she can see something in me that, in her opinion, would make me a good small group leader. I can only hope that the joy I have in the Lord is rubbing off on her and others around me!
    Being a small group leader is something I have done a lot of thinking and praying about in the past year. Applications dont come out til early spring, so I'm going to talk to my small group leaders and do lots of praying about it! It would mean a lot if you could pray for me too! and I will keep you updated over the next few months!

love yall :)

6 comments:

  1. You would be a GREAT small group leader!!
    The Gov!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what The Gov says, and U KNOW there are LOTS of people praying for you!!

    BTW, I am SOOOO glad you're not even being dramatic...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah...what your folks said. I remember being asked to lead an IVCF small group my sophomore year. Didn't know what to expect, felt overwhelmed teaching upperclassmen, etc. Yet God taught me so much as we studied Philippians in that group. I am proud of you. What a compliment your roommate gave you. I will pray!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love it!!!!! I will definitely be praying for you AND your roommate!! And I want to know every little detail about school and classes and what you wore, and what made you laugh......EVERYTHING!!!! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be your huckleberry...
    Praying for YOU Sarah!
    If God gave me a daughter, she would be just like YOU... U KNOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for you Sarah...love too. Go for it if you feel it's the right time. GOD is GREAT!!!

    Aunt Cherry

    ReplyDelete