Saturday, June 11, 2011

day 1..again

shalom yall!


ROUGH START. That is all I have to stay. First of all, we had a 6 hour layover in the JFK airport in New York. Not the best place to spend 6 pointless hours. After we finally boarded the plane, we all thought we were ready for take off…not quite.  We have been sitting on the airport runway for the past 2 and a half hours!  The problem? Software issues. Aka the lights were flickering and the audio for the tv’s didn’t work. I guess it’s better safe than sorry but COME ON! Get me out of here! This is already a 12 hour flight..another 2 on the runway are about to put me over the top. Its 10pm and our flight was supposed to take off at 7.25.  Great start, right? I hope this isn’t a foreshadowing to the rest of the trip…prayers please! 

We made it! I was doubtful at first, but we finally made it! After going through customs and getting our luggage, we got on the bus (mercedez-benz bus, I might add) and drove to Tiberias. The hotel we are staying in tonight and tomorrow night is sweeet! I’m on the 9th floor overlooking the Sea of Galilee! It doesn’t get much better than this! We just finished a delicious dinner and are getting ready for bed. We have to leave the hotel by 7am in the morning..so we are definitely calling it an early night! Tomorrow we are going hiking, rappelling, and cliff jumping! I’m a little nervous but so pumped!

Love yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment