Monday, February 18, 2013

happy birthday to me!


        Okay so as many of you know, my birthday was on Valentine’s day! I turned the big 21! Now I know what you are thinking and no....I did not get drunk and go crazy with my girlfriends. It was a Thursday and I had class the next day. AND I am much more responsible than that ;) But if you must know, yes I did have a drink (or two) at dinner…Moving on…

        This birthday was one of the best. Not because I can drink….but because I got to spend it with some of my best girlfriends. I have to give some props to my girls with boyfriends who came to dinner with me and postponed their Valentine plans. Like I said, they are the best. We went to Dave’s Taverna downtown (for those of you who know nothing about Harrisonburg, it’s the classic downtown restaurant) and had so much fun. The only people in the restaurant were a million couples and us…. Needless to say, we had lots of fun ‘couple watching’ during dinner :) 

My wonderful housemates at dinner

        So I’m sure you are all wondering what Mr. Wonderful did for my birthday. I kept telling myself he was going to fly up and surprise me because he has President’s Day off…..and no, that didn’t happen. Bummer. BUT let me tell you what he did do! I got a big package with the logo of a big strawberry on the front. Oh yes, he sent me a dozen HUGE chocolate covered strawberries! He sure knows the way to my heart! As if that wasn’t enough; later in the afternoon I got a delivery of a beautiful arrangement of roses and daises! *Daisies are my favorite…they aren’t just randomly there* Can you say boyfriend of the year!? He sure makes a girl feel special from 13 hours away :)

I ate one before I took this picture....oops!

        Overall, my birthday was a huge success. I got lots of loving cards in the mail from friends and family to top it all off. And I have to mention my awesome brother. He called me at midnight so that he was the first person to wish me happy birthday. Isn’t he the sweetest!? I can only hope that when I have kids, they will be as close as we are! I’m going home this weekend to celebrate my birthday with my fantastic family. I can't wait to be loved on some more :) What can I say….I AM the baby of the   family ;)

        I’m sure I feel like this on every birthday, but I felt extra loved on this one. I was so full of joy all day long and I have my friends and family to thank for that. The Lord has seriously blessed me this past year and I can’t wait to see what he has in store for me this year!

CHEERS ;)

love yall!

1 comment:

  1. YAY -- can't wait for you to come home!! I tried to come up and surprise you, but Megatron and I couldn't make it happen because of your crazy schedule that day. Another bummer, but we'll make up for it this weekend.

    LOVE YOUUUUU

    ReplyDelete